Are they really contemporary?

I guess the movies substantially portray solid substance,

But is there ever a climax?

I see the protagonist through tough toilsome troubles that seem unyielding as a banana tree in the deserts,

Like amazing grace through dangers, toils and snares they come.

Tragedy or happy ending,

There is moment when the protagonist is in spitting distance to earning wings
and the fallout is failure or grand slam.

I feel life is having the same plot and setting,

And my author deeps more into mystery for my love life,

But this kind of mystery is consistent, and on suspense.

Despite my consistent persistence,

Things never seem to advance.

Yes, every that one day of the week I climb the stairs but the radius between as is as static as the pi in math.

I have known you from ninth grade and I’m now a professional certificate holder,

I don’t no if I ever made a move cause I’m still gazing at you like on first sight.

We was using the same route on our way home from our respective schools,

I stared at you as you came my way and I your way.

My eyes were on you the way they had fell out to gaze at the ending man terminator game console
which my brother had brought over for the night.

We was still toddlers.

It had a million games, and I too had a million words to say.

But out of a million games we could only play two, the rest were rather later versions.

And that was Super Mario Bros and Duck hunt.

In fact it was literally one for we never had the light gun to play duck hunt.

So I only could spit out a sentence, not what I needed though but what you did,

See, how I sacrificed from the start.

You asked if the gate was open and I said it was.

Trying to find what to say next was like searching for the other games,

And we had to select the best out of a million,

Meanwhile it was ticking.

And the games were all the same, “later versions.”

So I still had the same sentence to say,

“Oh, yes the gate is open,”

When what I literally intended to say was, “oh yes my heart is open,”

But we finally found a cartridge for contra,

And that was the climax, I thought,

Before I could say a word, you were already at the exit gate,

Just as the way mama came in to unplug the game console,

Collected the pads as a villain,

Switched off the TV and told us to go to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweat Blood

The Physicist Lamentation!

The Social-Media Damsel